Serves: Plenty for 2 people!
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 125g buckwheat flour (or any other kind)
- 1 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 240ml non-dairy milk (oat/almond or soya)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil for cooking (or any other kind)
- Not so healthy, (but yummy), maple syrup
or a healthier option like honey, to serve
- Selection of your favourite Valentine fruits
In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
In another medium bowl, or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and stir to combine.
Then pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth. Let batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
Melt a little coconut oil into the pan over a medium heat. If you have a metal heart shaped cookie cutter, place it in the pan and then pour about ½ cup (65 grams) into the heart shaped cookie cutter. If you don't have one, just pour straight into pan over medium heat to make a normal circular pancake. When the top begins to bubble, turn the pancake and cook until golden.
Serve warm with maple syrup/honey and your favourite valentine fruits.
WATCH MY VIDEOS